How do I add a network location?
Adding a Network Location in Windows
- Open the Start menu, then search and click “This PC.” …
- A Windows Explorer window will open. …
- Click “Next” on the wizard that opens.
- Select “Choose a custom network location” and click “Next.”
- Type in the address, FTP site, or network location, then select “Next.”
How do I create a network place on my computer?
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
How do I create a shared folder on my network?
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
How do I add a shared folder to my network?
Open My Computer and click on the Tools menu option. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder.
How do you set up a local area network?
Connecting to a wired LAN
- 1 Connect a LAN cable to the PC’s wired LAN port. …
- 2 Click the Start button on the taskbar and then click Settings.
- 3 Click Network and Internet.
- 4 In Status, click Network and Sharing Center.
- 5 Choose Change adapter settings at the upper left.
- 6 Right-click Ethernet and then choose Properties.
How do you share a network?
Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing, and turn off password protected sharing.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet , and on the right side, select Sharing options.
- Under Private, select Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
How do I create a shared folder with an IP address?
- In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter two backslashes followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. …
- Press Enter. …
- If you want to configure a folder as a network drive, right-click it and select “Map network drive…” from the context menu.
Why can’t I see shared folders on my network?
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How do I share a network drive?
Share a link:
- In a shared drive, choose an option: …
- At the top, click Share .
- (Optional) To specify what people can do with your file or folder when you share it, under your organization name, click Change: …
- Click Copy link.
- Click Done.
- Paste the link in an email, on a website, or wherever you need to share it.