How do I open a script in Linux?
Steps to write and execute a script
- Open the terminal. Go to the directory where you want to create your script.
- Create a file with . sh extension.
- Write the script in the file using an editor.
- Make the script executable with command chmod +x <fileName>.
- Run the script using ./<fileName>.
What is the read command in Linux?
The Linux read command is used to read the contents of a line into a variable. This is a built-in command for Linux systems. Therefore, we do not need to install any additional tools. It is an easy tool to take user input when creating a bash script.
How do you read a shell script?
The Bash shell has another built-in command: read, it reads a line of text from the standard input and splits it into words.
- COMMAND && printf ‘