Computer freezes often occur as a result of bad hardware or system settings. The BIOS, or Basic Input/Output System, menu is completely separate from the Windows operating system and contains all the hardware and system-related settings for your computer.
Why is my PC freezing in BIOS?
Clearing the BIOS memory on your motherboard will reset the BIOS settings to their factory default levels. A misconfigured BIOS is a common cause of a computer locking up during the POST. … The power supply is the cause of startup problems more than any other piece of hardware in a computer.
How do you fix a computer that freezes at startup?
How to Fix Stopping, Freezing, and Reboot Issues During Windows Startup
- Power your computer off and then back on. …
- Start Windows in Safe Mode, if you can, and then restart your computer properly. …
- Repair your Windows installation. …
- Start Windows using Last Known Good Configuration.
Why does my PC get stuck on boot screen?
Software glitches, faulty hardware or removable media connected to your computer can sometimes cause the computer to hang and become unresponsive during the startup process. You can use a selection of troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem and get your computer starting normally.
Why does my computer randomly freeze?
Why does my computer keep freezing? … Typically, it will be a software-related issue or your computer has too many programs operating at any once, causing it to freeze. Additional issues such as insufficient hard-disk space or ‘driver’-related issues also can cause a computer to freeze.
How do you unfreeze your computer when Control Alt Delete doesn’t work?
Try Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager so you can kill any unresponsive programs. Should neither of these work, give Ctrl + Alt + Del a press. If Windows doesn’t respond to this after some time, you’ll need to hard shutdown your computer by holding the Power button for several seconds.
How do I stop Windows 10 from freezing on startup?
How do I fix Windows 10 freezes on Startup?
- Disable fast startup.
- Update your device drivers.
- Try unplugging anything that is USB-connected.
- Disable AppXSvc.
- Windows 10 Recovery Options.
How do I fix my computer from freezing up?
Fixes for computer freezing
- Update your drivers.
- Adjust power plan settings for your hard disk.
- Delete the temp files.
- Adjust your virtual memory.
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Perform a system restore.
What do you do when your computer won’t start beyond booting boot screen?
If your Laptop stuck at loading screen (circles spin but no logo), follow steps below to fix. Shut down your laptop > boot into system recovery (press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press the power button) > then, select “Troubleshoot”> “Advanced options”> “System Restore”. Then, follow on-screen instructions to finish.
How do I fix Windows 10 stuck on loading screen?
How to Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Loading Screen?
- Unplug USB Dongle.
- Do Disk Surface Test.
- Enter Safe Mode to Fix This Issue.
- Do System Repair.
- Do System Restore.
- Clear CMOS Memory.
- Replace CMOS Battery.
- Check Computer RAM.
How do you unlock a frozen computer screen?
How to Unfreeze a Frozen Computer in Windows 10
- Approach 1: Press Esc twice. …
- Approach 2: Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously and choose Start Task Manager from the menu that appears. …
- Approach 3: If the preceding approaches don’t work, turn off the computer by pressing its power button.