How do I change my default operating system to dual boot?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
18 апр. 2018 г.
How do I change boot options in Windows XP?
Modify the Windows Boot Menu-XP
- Start Windows in an account with Administrator privileges.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on Computer and choose Properties in the menu.
- The System Properties dialog box will open. …
- Select the Advanced tab (see blue circle above).
- Select the Settings button under Startup and Recover (see arrows above).
How do I change BIOS settings in Windows XP?
How to Change BIOS Settings in Windows XP
- Turn on your computer, or restart your computer if it is already running.
- Press the correct keyboard shortcut to enter your BIOS before the Windows logo appears. …
- Use your arrow and function keys to navigate the different areas of your BIOS to change settings. …
- Understand the different settings under each tab.
How do I change boot options?
How to Change Your Computer’s Boot Order
- Step 1: Enter your Computer’s BIOS set up utility. To enter BIOS, you often need to press a key (or sometimes a combination of keys) on your keyboard just as your computer is starting up. …
- Step 2: Navigate to the boot order menu in BIOS. …
- Step 3: Change the Boot Order. …
- Step 4: Save your Changes.
How do I change my primary boot OS?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the “default OS”, click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
16 нояб. 2016 г.
What is the boot menu key for Windows XP?
For Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, accessing the Advanced Boot Options menu is achieved by pressing the F8 key as the computer is booting. As the computer starts booting, an initial process called Power On Self Test (POST) runs to test the hardware.
Where is the boot INI file in Windows XP?
ini is a Microsoft initialization file found on the Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000, and Microsoft Windows XP operating systems. This file is always on the root directory of the primary hard drive. In other words, it is located at C: directory or the C Drive.
How do I get into the BIOS on Windows XP?
Press F2, Delete, or the Correct key for your specific system on the POST screen (or the screen that displays the computer manufacturer’s logo) to enter the BIOS setup screen.
How do I repair Windows XP without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item. …
- Use the up or down arrow keys or the + or – keys to change a field.
How can I install Windows XP on my laptop with USB?
- Step1: Creating Rescue USB Drive. First, we need create a rescue USB drive which can boot the computer. …
- Step 2: Configuring the BIOS. …
- Step 3: Booting from rescue USB drive. …
- Step 4: Prepping the Hard Disk. …
- Step 5: Launching Windows XP Setup from USB drive. …
- Step 6: Continue Windows XP Setup from Hard disk.
How can I replace Windows XP with Windows 7?
To upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, known as a “clean install,” follow these steps.
- Run Windows Easy Transfer on your Windows XP PC. …
- Rename your Windows XP drive. …
- Insert the Windows 7 DVD into your DVD drive and restart your PC. …
- Click Next. …
- Click the Install Now button.
How do I install a second operating system on Windows XP?
Setting up the Dual-Boot
- Once in Windows XP, download and install the Microsoft . …
- Download and install the latest version of EasyBCD.
- Once in EasyBCD, go to the “Bootloader Setup” page, and select “Install the Windows Vista/7 bootloader to the MBR” then “Write MBR” to get the EasyBCD bootloader back.
Can I run Windows XP and Windows 10 on the same computer?
Yes you can dual boot on Windows 10, only issue is some of the newer systems out there will not run an older operating system, you might want to check with the maker of the laptop and find out.