At the Start screen, type Control Panel to open the Search charm, and then select Control Panel in the Search results. Click View network status and tasks. Click Troubleshoot problems. The Network and Internet Troubleshooter opens.
How do I fix no Internet connection on Windows 8?
How to Fix “No Internet Access” Errors
- Confirm other devices can’t connect.
- Reboot your PC.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- Run the Windows network troubleshooter.
- Check your IP address settings.
- Check your ISP’s status.
- Try a few Command Prompt commands.
- Disable security software.
3 мар. 2021 г.
Why is my Windows 8 not connecting to WiFi?
The first thing you can do is try to diagnose the connection. To do this, open Network and Sharing Center. … The other thing you can try is to disable and then re-enable the wireless network adapter. Again, open Network and Sharing Center and then click on the Change adapter settings link at the left.
How do I reset my network settings on Windows 8?
Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. Then click on “Change adapter settings” on the top left hand side. From the new window that opens, select your adapter that you are trying to reset, right click and click ‘disable’. Then again select the same adapter, right click and click enable.
Why does my PC Say No Internet?
Another possible cause of the “no Internet, secured” error could be due to power management settings. … Double-click your wireless network and go to “power management” tab. Uncheck the “allow computer to turn off this device to save power” option. Restart your computer and check if you can connect to the Internet now.
How do I manually connect to a wireless network on Windows 8?
Wireless Network Configuration → Windows 8
- Go to the Control Panel. …
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”. …
- When the dialog opens select “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click Next.
- The “Manually connect to a wireless network” dialog box appears. …
- Click Next.
- When the following dialog box appears, click on “Change connection settings”.
How do I fix wifi on my HP laptop Windows 8?
HP PCs – Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows
- Step 1: Use automatic troubleshooting. …
- Step 2: Reinstall the wireless network adapter driver. …
- Step 3: Update wireless network drivers. …
- Step 4: Check and reset hardware. …
- Step 5: Perform a Microsoft System Restore. …
- Step 6: Other things to try.
How do I update my wifi driver windows 8?
Open the Device Manager (You can do this by pressing the Windows but and typing it out) Right click on your wireless adapter and choose Update Driver Software. Choose the option to Browse and locate the drivers you downloaded. Windows will then install the drivers.
How do I reinstall my network adapter Windows 8?
Please scan for driver automatically in the Windows 8 system files.
- Right click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Open device manager, right click on your adapter, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
- Right click on your adapter, and then click Update Driver Software…
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
27 сент. 2019 г.
How do I fix unable to connect to network?
Fix “Windows Can’t Connect To This Network” Error
- Forget The Network & Reconnect To It.
- Toggle The Airplane Mode On & Off.
- Uninstall The Drivers For Your Network Adapter.
- Run Commands In CMD To Fix The Issue.
- Reset Your Network Settings.
- Disable IPv6 On Your PC.
- Use The Network Troubleshooter.
1 апр. 2020 г.
How do I reset my wireless network adapter Windows 8?
Click on that to find yourself redirected to a list of Internet connections, one of which should indicate a Wi-Fi network. Right-click on the Wi-Fi connection and select Disable. After that, you’ll want to select Enable in order to completely reset the wireless adapter.
How do I connect my Windows 8 phone to the Internet?
Connecting Windows 8 to a Wireless Network
- If you are using a PC, move the mouse to the bottom or top right corner of the screen and select the cog icon labelled Settings. …
- Select the wireless icon.
- Select your wireless network from the list – in this example we’ve called the network Zen Wifi.
- Select Connect.
How do I connect my phone to my Windows 8?
Connect the phone to your Windows 8 PC using the data cable included with the phone. Once connected, on your smartphone, swipe your finger from top to down on the screen to open the notification tray. Under the Notifications section, tap the Connected as a media device option.
Where is WiFi option in Windows 8?
Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center. From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings. Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.