How do I download Windows 8 installation media?
Head to Microsoft’s installation tool webpage, connect your USB flash drive (at least 4 GB of space should be available) or insert your writeable DVD, and then click the Create media button. Once the media creation tool is finished, you can use the USB flash drive or DVD (after rebooting) to install Window 8.1.
How do I install Windows installation media?
To create installation media, go to the software download website, where you’ll find step-by-step instructions. On that website, you can select a version of Windows and create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD. To go directly to one of the versions, select one of these links: Windows 7.
Can I download a boot disk for Windows 8?
A Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installation DVD can be used to recover your computer. … Our recovery disk, called Easy Recovery Essentials, is an ISO image that you can download today and burn to any CDs, DVDs or USB drives. You can boot from our disk to recover or repair your broken computer.
Is Windows 8 still supported?
Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016. … Microsoft 365 Apps is no longer supported on Windows 8. To avoid performance and reliability issues, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 or download Windows 8.1 for free.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
- Locate, and then select your Windows 8 ISO file. …
- Select Next.
23 окт. 2020 г.
How do I install the installation media for Windows 10?
Create an ISO file for Windows 10
- On the Windows 10 download page, download the media creation tool by selecting Download tool now, then run the tool.
- In the tool, select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO) for another PC > Next.
- Select the language, architecture, and edition of Windows, you need and select Next.
How do I download the install media for Windows 10?
Using the tool to create installation media:
- Select Download tool now, and select Run. …
- If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
- On the What do you want to do? …
- Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. …
- Select which media you want to use:
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
For now, if you want to, absolutely; it’s still very much a safe operating system to use. … Not only is Windows 8.1 pretty safe to use as-is, but as people are proving with Windows 7, you can kit out your operating system with cybersecurity tools to keep it safe.
How do I install Windows 8.1 without a product key?
The fastest and easiest way to install Windows 8.1 without a product key is by creating a Windows installation USB drive. We need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft if we haven’t already. Then, we can use a 4GB or larger USB flash drive and an app, such as Rufus, to create a Windows 8.1 installation USB.
How can I install Windows 8 on my PC for free?
The First Run Wizard will open to help you install the OS as a virtual machine. In the Select Installation Media screen, click the folder icon at the right of the Media Source drop-down field. Navigate to and select the Windows 8 ISO file that you downloaded. Click Next and then Start to set up the OS.
How do I restore Windows 8 without a disk?
Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder. …
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
1 июн. 2020 г.
How do I download Windows 8 on my laptop?
Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button. Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it begins downloading Windows 8.