On the Users tab, find the user account you want to change under the Users for this computer section. Click that user account name. Click the Properties option in the user account window. On the Group Membership tab, select the Administrator group to set the user account to an administrator account.
How do I set myself as administrator on Windows 7?
Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts, clicking User Accounts again, and then clicking Manage User Accounts. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
How do I login as the administrator on Windows 7?
Step 1: Go to “Start” and type“cmd” in the search bar. Step 2: Right click on”cmd.exe”and select “Run as Administrator” and run the file. Step 3: Command Prompt window opens up then type “net user administrator /active:yes” command to enable the administrator account.
How do I enable Internet Administrator?
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key. NOTE: You will see both the Administrator and Guest accounts listed. To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How can I reset the Administrator password in Windows 7?
To enable the built-in administrator account, type “net user administrator /active:yes” and then press “Enter”. If you forget the administrator password, type “net user administrator 123456” and then press “Enter”. The administrator is now enabled and the password has been reset to “123456”.
How do I login as admin?
Method 1 – Via Command
- Select “Start” and type “CMD“.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” then choose “Run as administrator“.
- If prompted, enter a username and password that grants admin rights to the computer.
- Type: net user administrator /active:yes.
- Press “Enter“.
How do I find out what my Administrator password is?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How do I enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 7 without logging in?
How to: Enabling Administrator Account without login
- Step 1: After powering up. Keep pressing F8. …
- Step 2: In the Advanced boot menu. Select “Repair your computer”
- Step 3: Open Command Prompt.
- Step 4: Enable Administrator Account.
How do I enable my hidden administrator account?
Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its properties dialog. Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.
How do I enable hidden administrator?
What to Know
- Enable: Click Start and type command in the Taskbar search field.
- Click Run as Administrator, type net user administrator /active:yes, and press enter. Wait for confirmation and restart.
- Disable: Follow the above instructions but type net user administrator /active:no, and press enter.
How do I find my administrator username and password?
Press Windows key + R to open Run. Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter. Select the User account you are using under the User tab. Check by clicking “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox and click on Apply.