Sometimes the simple act of switching to a different background type can fix the problem of Black Desktop background in Windows 10. 1. Go to Settings > Personalization > click on Background in the left-pane. In the right-pane, change the Background type from Color/Picture to Slideshow.
Why is my background suddenly black?
The black desktop background can also be caused by a corrupt TranscodedWallpaper. If this file is corrupt, Windows will not be able to display your wallpaper. Open File Explore and paste the following in the address bar. … Open the Settings app and go to Personalization>Background and set a new desktop background.
Why did my Windows 10 desktop background go black?
Hello, A change in default app mode is one of the possible reasons why your Windows 10 wallpaper has gone black. You can check this article on how you can change the desktop background and colors that you prefer.
How do I fix black background on Windows 10?
How to Turn Your Desktop Black
- Go to Settings > Personalization > Background.
- Under Background, select Solid color from the drop-down menu.
- Select the black option under “Choose your background color.”
How do I change the color of my screen back to normal?
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Color correction.
- Turn on Use color correction.
- Choose a correction mode: Deuteranomaly (red-green) Protanomaly (red-green) Tritanomaly (blue-yellow)
- Optional: Turn on Color correction shortcut. Learn about accessibility shortcuts.